Mar 13, 2010

Better Left Alone

I really don't like my family. With the exception of my mom it seems that everybody else in my family just gets under my skin. That's not the bad part though. Usually when I feel disrespected by one of my friend's I can retaliate and respond with a far more devastating comment, but when my family does it... *sigh* I just have to sit there and take it. Not even ten minutes ago I felt like I got disrespected by my six year old nephew and my oldest sister. For the record, I'm not exactly my nephew's "biggest fan." Hes just an annoying kid. One of those kids that talk just to hear themselves talk. I hated those type of people in high school.

Anyways I'm on the computer starting on my essay for school when I hear my nephew trying to be funny and says "When I get older I want to work at McDonald's". My sister then proceeds to say "Jordan he said he wants to be like you the other day. Just sit at home and play video games". My nephew wants again decides he wants to be "funny" come over to me and make more little smart remarks.

I calmly respond to my sister "Well Janna (our other sister) lived at home until she was about 26." She responds "Don't try to talk about her like that. At least she moved out for a while and had her own apartment". If I was having this argument with any other person I would have start flopping around with joy like a Magikarp because the battle would have just been won. Instead I had to sit there quietly and shake my head.

What I wanted to say is "News Flash you idiot, she had her own apartment in like 2002. Its a recession now dumb ass." and to my nephew I would have simply asked "Where's your dad?" Ruthless right? One must understand that they try to come at me wrong me frequently and as I said before if I could say what I wanted back I wouldn't even get mad... but I can't get even so I have no other alternatives.

I don't understand why she of all people is talking down to begin with. You never helped me out. When I had no clue of what I was doing in college to begin with, I had no support from you. You never gave me advice. My mom was the one who actually gave me some sort of direction when she suggested going into Pharmacy. She should be the ONLY one (in my family) that should have anything to say about what I'm doing with my life.

I'm an outcast in my own family... but I think I like it.

1 comment:

  1. being an outcast is the way to go in my opinion. when you make it to your goal, you can just kill 'em with the "ha and you thought I wasn't goin make it, haha smh"

    ReplyDelete